Throughout the year Casey’s Circle hosts a variety of events. Some of our events are for families that have lost a child due to medical illness. Some events are open to ALL children with special needs and their families. We have a few events that are invitation only that are designed specifically for our most complex families. A lot of children with complex medical needs are not able to attend our larger events. Our invitation only events are smaller groups, and the activities are designed to meet these complex needs.
If you are not sure if your child qualifies as complex, here is a few questions that can help determine if your child meets our requirements or not. If you answer YES to any of the questions below, your child is complex and can be added to our invite only lists.
- Does your child qualify or did they qualify to use Money Follows the Person (formerly Rider 28)?
- Does your child need more than 40 hours a week of home health services (nursing or attendants)?
- Does your child require a ventilator?
- Does your child have a compromised immune system?
- Does your child require 3 or more of the following items when you leave your home?
- Wheelchair/walking aids
- Feeding pump
- Suction machine
- Ostomy bag
- Urinary caths
- Seizure medications
- Sensory minimizers (sound cancelling headphones, gloves, dark glasses, etc)
If you are signing up to be on our “Casey’s Friend” email list, and answered Yes to any of these questions, please let us know that your child is complex, and why, in the section that asks:
Tell us a little bit about your child- diagnoses, equipment used, etc.
If you have already signed up as “Casey’s Friend” but did not indicate that you would like your child to be included in the complex email list, please send us an email and let us know a little more about your child.